Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mood Changer

Today was an interesting day. I was having a rough day. Nothing seemed to go right for me. It wasn't anything big, just little things that didn't set well with me. I had resigned myself to having this bad day until I picked up my iPod. I stared at the screen for what seemed to be an eternity. What do I want to listen to? We have all had that question in our heads at some point. You stare at four days worth of music and it comes down to one artist that will make or break your day. Now, that artist will be different for each and every one of us. Today, it was Frank Sinatra: Live at the Sands (If you like Jazz, get this album!). This is such a great album. It's the Chairman of the Board! how can this not cheer you up? When he broke into "Come Fly With Me," My mood started to change. The day was looking up. Then I got into Jazz Ensemble rehearsal. Our director, Utah, passed out one of my favorite charts of all time, "April In Paris," originally performed by Count Basie (It was in Blazing Saddles). We played this chart and my day took a 180 degree turn. Nothing else mattered. I was having fun playing music that I loved. I'm happy now! The day from this point on was different. It was a great day! That leads me to something that I was thinking about a few days ago, but couldn't get into words.....what defines me? What defines you? What makes that bad day good? It could be anything. It will differ from one person to the other. What matters is that it makes you happy. For me it is music. I would like to know, what in your life makes a bad day good?


Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment