Saturday, July 3, 2010

Multiple Random Thoughts Today.....

I have a couple tidbits today......

This past weekend was Kate and my 1st anniversary. It has been one heck of a year. I look forward to many more. To celebrate, we took a quick trip to New Orleans to spend a day or two in the french quarter. Unfortunately, we spent quite a bit of time stuck in our hotel room due to the rain. So, we didn't get to do everything that we wanted to do, but we got to do quite a bit....

One of the first things I noticed was the gay pride festival going on just below our hotel window. It was interesting. Within the first 5 minutes I saw a man wearing a sailors hat and a speedo.....that's it, and two guys making out. It was an interesting welcome to New Orleans. We mostly walked around looking at stuff and eating food. With the food, I found that there are not many great spots in the french quarter to find good food (without spending an arm and a leg). If you go for the food, just stop in Lafayette. They have better food. We also got to check out our favorite gallery on Royal Street , Martin Lawrence Galleries(Not that Martin Lawrence). They carry our favorite artist Robert Deyber. He does some great work. You should check him out (www.robertdeyber.com). Everything else was about the same for every other trip to New Orleans......You see the same sights as always and do the same thing. Next time, we are going to see more music, and do a ghost tour, that should be fun.


The next thing.....

I have been religiously going to the gym since we last talked (except for the trip), and things are going well. Some things that I am noticing already:

1) Clothes are already fitting better
2) I have more energy
3) I am sleeping better at night
4) That mental fight I have with myself in the morning on whether or not to go to the gym is getting shorter, and I am winning (wait, does that make sense? I win against myself?)
5) I am already feeling in better shape. At the end of my usual workout today, I felt like I could do even more, but I was out of time. I need to go earlier and push myself to that next level.

I am now getting to the point that I feel shorted when I don't go work out. I get excited to get in there and work. I just have to take it one day at a time. Monday, I am going to get back on the road bike. I am looking forward to that to kicking my ass again.

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment